Open Submissions to all self-published and new emerging writers.
I am a senior publisher for Pulse LLC. I am currently looking for the following genres to publish:
– Historical Romance
– Contemporary Romance
– Paranormal Romance
– New Adult
– Romantic Suspense
– Romantic Thriller
– Romantic Comedy
– Christian Romance
Please send the first three chapters and a query letter to me at:
Our Marketing Plans Include:
– Obtaining reviews (we have a list of 80+ reviewers)
– Securing online spotlight features
– Distributing worldwide press releases
– Targeted advertising
– Arranging virtual tours
– Booking media appearances
– Producing and distributing book teasers and full-length trailers
– Producing and distributing “Behind The Pages” videos to promote our authors and their writings
– Hosting promotional contests and giveaways
Who We Are:
Pulse is an exciting new traditional publishing imprint committed to cultivating and promoting the works of authors from all walks of life.
Through our innovative, modern approach to publishing, we seek to foster the success of established authors seeking to enhance their publishing efforts, as well as aspiring authors looking to make their mark in the literary world.
Other Questions You May Have:
– I am enrolled in KDP select with Amazon for about another 85 days, is this a problem?
– Can I work directly with the editor should we disagree on changes? Do I have the final decision on the changes made?
We don’t allow authors and editors to work directly together, as it’s caused unnecessary complications in the past. If the author has any questions regarding the editor’s suggested changes, s/he can take them up directly with you. Also, as Senior Publisher, you have final authority regarding changes made to all manuscripts.
– Will Pulse/Enrapture set up Facebook, twitter, web pages for me?
We do not create social media accounts or websites for authors, but we’ll gladly promote any profiles they create for themsevles.
– What is the typical contract period?
The publishing agreement remains in effect as long as the title is in print, meaning as long as it continues to sell copies. If it ever fails to sell a single copy for two consecutive months, the book automatically goes out of print and the agreement can be terminated.
– Will I be able to promote and market my book, or will the contract allow only Pulse/Enrapture to do it for me?
We require the active participation of all authors regarding the promotion of their titles. Though we’ll craft and implement a detailed marketing plan for their books, they need to be actively involved in promoting themselves and their writings, including arranging interviews and media appearances, securing online publicity opportunities, maintaining a mailing list, and general word of mouth. Once the marketing plan has been finalized, though, you’ll be passing it along to the author to prevent duplication of efforts.
-And can I use my real name? I read somewhere that pseudonyms are lame these days. But I also think I’m ready to own this!
That’s up to the author.
-Since I published through Amazon’s CreateSpace, I hold the existing copyright. So, do I remove it from Amazon now that Pulse will own the publishing rights? Can’t have it out there just floating around.
Once the publishing agreement has been signed, the book must be removed from general circulation.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.