In your book be sure to show the following:
– Physical characteristics – such as age, height, clothes, and manner of speaking.
– Background/ History – such as family situations, childhood events, rich or poor, married or not.
– Ethics/ Morals – is this person good or bad?
How about naming characters?
– Mix & Match Names – use from old school yearbooks, telephone books, and baby name books.
When doing research….
– Check out the occupation. Know t procedures of the occupation when you write.
– Setting. If using real places check your facts to make sure the real place is located in the right area.
– Time Frame – Be sure to keep your writing persistent with the time frame you are writing.