An Author’s to Do List
Here are some basic things every author should have, do, and be doing:
- create a mailing list
- a free book in return for signing up for the mailing list
- an advance readers team to leave reviews prior to book launch
- a great website
- affiliate links to help boost your site & earnings
- Facebook Ads
- have a team of bloggers that you go to for author interviews, Q&A’s, and for guest posts as well as featuring your book on their sites
- know where to send your book to for ratings
- have a close knit of friends that can beta read your book(s)
- create visual ads of your book coming soon, sale discounts of your book, and where it’s available
- create contests where readers can win cool swag stuff from you every so often…readers gravitate towards this!
- Use Goodreads to give away a digital book copy. I also highly recommend, to give away, at least 5 print copies once in awhile.
- Create a fun environment for readers to gravitate towards your website and books
- Have an author website on all social media platforms as well as where all books are sold…
- double check the publishing company you want the publishing company that’s seeking to publish your book…this was a major lesson learned on my part and one I won’t ever forget.